Family Advisory Board
The Cystic Fibrosis Family Advisory Board is made up of a core group of Family Advisors who work in partnership with CF staff members, physicians, and counselors to assess the implementation of Patient and Family Centered Care guidelines, develop quality improvement strategies, and support families of the newly diagnosed.
The Cystic Fibrosis Family Advisory Board is dedicated to strengthening collaboration between patients and families and the Cystic Fibrosis Care Team so as to enhance the Center’s ability to serve with the greatest care and love.
The purpose of the Cystic Fibrosis Family Advisory Board is to:
- Strengthen communication and collaboration among patients, families, caregivers and staff
- Bring the patient/family perspective to hospital operations
- Improve patient safety, quality and delivery of care
- Provide feedback about the needs and experiences of patients and families
- Serve as a resource on a wide variety of issues, services, and policies
- Promote CF education and aware to students, hospital staff and members of the community
- Provide insight about how to humanize the CF experience
- Members will be able to share their unique experiences and help us make a difference in the lives of other patients and their families