The Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine Clinic is designed for adolescents who require assessment and care for teens' special health needs. The clinic's faculty and staff also serve as resources for primary care physicians and subspecialists regarding adolescent issues such as growth and development, acute and chronic diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, substance abuse and eating and weight disorders.
The clinic focuses on:
- Adolescent growth and development
- Adolescents with chronic illness
- Chronic/recurrent somatic symptoms
- abdominal/pelvic/chest pains
- chronic fatigue
- related school absenteeism
- Eating and weight disorders
- Menstrual disorders/regulation
- Pelvic examination/Pap smears
- Sexuality/sexual activity issues
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Sports medicine
- Substance abuse
Primary mental health services are not a focus of this clinic.