Billing & Financial Assistance
Thank you for choosing Children's Hospital of Illinois for your healthcare services. To help you settle your account with us, we provide the following information divided into sections based on payment options.
- Insurance Plans
- OSF HealthCare Financial Assistance and Illinois Uninsured Discount Applications
- Patients on Medicare
- Patients with Insurance
- Patients with no Insurance
- Patients receiving Public Aid or Township Relief
- Patients served by DSCC or DCFS
- Patients with Employment Injuries
- Patients with Non-Employment Related Injuries
- Payment Assistance
- Pricing Requests
- Laboratory, Radiology or Anesthesia Services Billing Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure your account is settled. If you have any questions about your bill or procedures outlined below, call the OSF Patient Accounts and Access Center between 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday at (309) 683 – 6750 or toll free at 1(800) 421 – 5700. We accept cash, personal check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card.
Participating Insurance Plans*
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center / Children’s Hospital of Illinois currently participates in the networks/contracts listed below. This is intended to be used only as a reference guide. Please contact your employer or your insurance company at the number listed on your insurance identification card if you have any specific questions about your coverage or network participation. If you have any questions with an entry listed below, please contact our managed care department at (309) 624-5934 during normal business hours.
Participating Commercial Plans:
- Beech Street / PPO Network
- BCBS / Commercial, PPO and EPO Networks (do not participate in the Blue Choice and Blue Choice Select PPO)
- BCBS HMO Products/HMOI, Blue Advantage & Blue Precision
- Caterpillar / PPO Plan administered by United Healthcare
- Cigna / All Products
- Cofinity / PPO Network offered by Aetna subsidiaries
- Corvel / Workers Compensation Network
- Coventry (also known as Personal Care) - Tertiary; upon appropriate referral/approval
- Health Alliance Medical Plans
- HFN, Inc / PPO Network; includes the following products – HFN 10, 20, CHC Elite & Workers’ Compensation Network
- Humana – All Products
- Interplan Health Group (IHG) / Preferred Plan Inc (PPI) / PPO Network
- MultiPlan, Inc / PPO Wrap Network &I Workers' Compensation Network
- OSF Direct Access Network (DAN) / OSF PPO Network available to self-funded employer groups
- PHCS (Private Health Care System)
- State of Illinois Employee (includes LGHP, TRIP & CIP participants)
- Coventry OAP State of ILL Plan
- Health Alliance HMO State of ILL Plan
- HealthLink OAP State of ILL Plan
- Quality Care Health Plan PPO / administered by Cigna
- United HealthCare & United Healthcare of the River Valley
Medicare Advantage Products:
- Aetna – Medicare PPO product
- Care Improvement Plus
- Health Alliance – Medicare PPO, POS and HMO products
- Humana – Medicare PFFS, PPO & HMO products
- Meridian Prime – Medicare HMO product
- WellCare - Medicare POS and HMRO products
Medicaid Managed Care Products:
- Family Health Network
- Health Alliance CONNECT
- Illinois Partnership for Health (ACE)
- Molina Healthcare of Illinois
*as of February 1, 2015
We will bill Medicare. When we receive payment, we will then bill your secondary insurance carrier for the balance. If payment is not made by your secondary carrier within 30 days, we will ask you to contact your insurance company to speed up the payment. If you do not have a secondary insurance carrier, we should receive the balance directly from you within the 30 days.
As a service to you, we will bill your insurance carrier for you. If we have not received payment from your insurance company within 30 days, you will need to contact them. (Note: If you have not provided us with adequate information to bill your insurance company, we will bill you.) As an additional service to you, a representative at the OSF Financial Clearance Center is available to assist you with completing prior authorization and pre-certifications with your insurance carrier(s). They can be reached at (309) 683-6751 (Inpatients) or (309) 683-6754 (Outpatients).
Payment in full is expected 30 days from the date of discharge. If payment arrangements are needed, at (309) 683 – 6750 or toll free at 1(800) 421 – 5700 upon receipt of your first statement.
After you present us with a valid Public Aid or Township card, we will bill the Department of Public Aid or the Township office for you.
Patients served by DSCC or DCFS
On the date you receive the service or are discharged from the hospital, you must contact the local office of DCS (Department of Specialized Care) or DCFS (Department of Child and Family Services) and obtain payment approval.
Patients with Employment Injuries
If your employer has recognized your injury as work-related, we will bill your employer. If payment is not received within 30 days of the date billed, we ask that you notify your employer. If your claim is denied by your employer, we will bill you directly
If insurance is not involved, you are fully responsible for your hospital bill. It should be paid within 30 days of its receipt by you.
Payment Assistance (OSF HealthCare Financial Assistance and Illinois Uninsured Discount) is available for those who qualify. Call the Patient Accounts Receivable department at (309) 686-6700 or toll-free at 1-800-421-5700 for information.
On-line Payment Assistance and Illinois Uninsured Discount applications click here.
For a price estimate, please call the OSF Saint Francis Medical Center price line directly at 309-624-9949.
If you have laboratory, radiology or anesthesia services, you will receive a separate bill from Central Illinois Pathology Group, Peoria Radiology Associates or Associated Anesthesiologists.
How can I get an itemized statement of my account?
Itemized statements are sent on request. You can call our main number at (309) 683 – 6750 or toll free at 1(800) 421 – 5700. Please allow 10 days for receipt of the itemized statement.
How do I coordinate insurance benefits?
Coordination of benefits is done by the insurance company. It is the patient/guarantor responsibility to send the explanation of benefits (EOB) to the secondary insurance.