Visitor Restrictions in Effect as of January 14, 2013
The Illinois Department of Public Health has provided recommendations to local health departments and hospitals regarding temporary visitor restriction policies. Therefore, the following restrictions and precautions will be in effect for all visitors:
- No visitation will be allowed by persons under 18 years of age.
- A limit of TWO VISITORS per patient at any one time will be enforced.
- DO NOT visit hospitalized patients or newborns if you are not feeling well.
- If you show symptoms of respiratory illness --- fever, cough, sore throat --- you will be asked to wear a mask and may not be allowed to visit a patient for the safety of the patients, visitors and staff.
- Wash hands with soap and water, use alcohol-based hand rub (available at the entrance to every patient room), or antiseptic hand wash before entering and exiting a patient room.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you cough or sneeze.
- Use the nearest waste receptacle to dispose of a tissue after use.
- Visits to patients in isolation for influenza will be limited to those persons necessary for the patient’s emotional well-being and care only.
- Exemptions for end-of-life or other extreme circumstances will be allowed at the discretion of nursing staff.