Special Needs Resource Center
The Special Needs Child Passenger Safety Resource Center is funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation, We educate parents and caregivers of children with special needs on the importance of proper child passenger safety.
The Special Needs Child Passenger Resource Center’s main location is located at the Children’s Hospital of Illinois in Peoria. A satellite site is located at LaRabida Children’s Hospital, 6501 S. Promontory Dr., Chicago, IL. 60649.
Our services include:
- A resource center for nurseries and organizations across the State of Illinois that provides over-the-phone and in-person consultation and guidance for proper car seat usage and optimum safety.
- Education to parents, groups, hospital staff, and certified child passenger safety technicians on changes in national guidelines and new seat choices.
- Proper selection, installation and fitting of special needs restraints for parents and their child.
- A short-term loan program to provide seats to parents in need.
The Special Needs Child Passenger safety Resource Center provides advanced trainings across the State of Illinois for certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians which include:
- “Safe Travel for All Children” Special Needs CPS enrichment course (curriculum designed by the National Center for the Safe Transportation of Children with Special health Care Needs.
- Continuing education workshops throughout the State of Illinois for those trained in special needs child passenger safety.
Visit our Calendar of Events for upcoming training sessions.